Pick between a profile and a page:
If you’re a freelancer, consultant, or solopreneur, then a profile is right for you. If you have a business, then you need a LinkedIn page.
Complete your profile.
No matter which route you take, make sure you complete your profile. A complete profile is 12 times more likely to generate leads.
Make sure that you include:
- Your name, photograph, and headline
- Your geographical location and industry
- A synopsis
- Your expertise
- Your formal education
- Your abilities
- Your recommendations and endorsements
Create a custom URL
Your profile URL should be simple to recall and share. LinkedIn will give you a long, random URL by default. Go to “Edit profile,” then “Edit URL” on the right to create a custom URL.
- The more connections you have, the more likely people are to see your profile in search results. You can also join LinkedIn groups to make connections with people in your industry.
Contribute to larger conversations
- When you make comments on other people’s posts or articles, you’ll get exposure to their entire network. You can also start your own discussions in LinkedIn groups.
- You can post articles, photos, videos, and updates on LinkedIn. When you post something, it has the potential to be seen by your entire network.
LinkedIn groups are a great way to connect with people in your industry.You can either join existing groups or start your own. Test your audience with varying content:
- It’s okay if not all of your posts are popular.
- Try different types of content to see what works best with your audience.
Improve your posts by:
- You can use LinkedIn Ads to boost your posts and get them in front of more people.
- LinkedIn Ads is a pay-per-click advertising platform, so you only pay when someone clicks on your ad.
Utilize LinkedIn InMail:
LinkedIn InMail is a messaging service that allows you to send messages to people outside of your network. It’s a great way to reach out to potential customers or collaborators.
Sponsor a blog post
- You can sponsor a post to get it in front of more people.
- Sponsored posts appear in people’s feeds, even if they don’t follow you.
Get creative with your LinkedIn profile:
- Your LinkedIn profile is a great way to showcase your work.
- Add photos, videos, and infographics to make your profile more engaging.
- Make sure to use keywords in your profile so that people can find you in searches.
- Use keywords that are relevant to your industry and expertise.
Seek out endorsements and recommendations
Endorsements and recommendations from others can help you stand out in search results. Ask your colleagues, clients, and friends to endorse you for your skills.
Using LinkedIn Pulse:
LinkedIn Pulse is a great way to stay up to date on industry news. You can also use it to find content to share with your network.
Keep your profile up to date:
Make sure to regularly update your profile so that it reflects your current work and experience. LinkedIn is an excellent platform for developing your personal brand. Use it to your advantage!