Start by creating a personal profile.
We recommend that you create a personal profile before creating a business profile. This will allow you to connect with friends, family, and people you know. You can also use your profile to create a Facebook Page for your business at any time, as long as it has been created first.
Facebook requires that every page be connected to an individual or brand with their email address.
The only exception is if you are using Facebook Ads Manager as an administrator of your page, which allows users without their email addresses to manage pages using their accounts (although they will not see all of the functionality available on the main site).
Select “Create a Page”
To create a Facebook page, you’ll need to navigate your profile. From your profile, click on the drop-down menu at the top right and select “Create a Page.” Enter your business name and click “Next.”
This will take you to the next section of setting up a Facebook page for business, namely, creating information about who you are and what you do as an organization.
Enter Your Business Information.
- In the “About” section, enter your business name, address, phone number, and website address (if you have one).
- In the “Hours of Operation” section, choose a time frame for when you’re open for business—for example, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm; Saturday, 9 am to 4 pm; or Sunday 9 am to 3 pm.
- In the “Social Media Links” section, add links to your social media accounts so people can follow you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more!
Upload a Profile Picture and Cover Photo.
Now that you’ve created your page, it’s time to upload a profile picture and cover photo. Your profile picture will appear in the top-left corner of your Facebook Page and your business’s mobile app, so choose a good one! The cover photo is the image that appears at the top of your page. It can be any media: an image, video, or even a carousel of images.
The minimum size for a cover photo is 399 pixels wide by 851 pixels tall; however, we recommend using larger photos because they look better on mobile devices and give you more room to add text and logos on desktop computers (if you want). You can upload up to 20 photos at once if you’d like!
Add Basic Information to Your Page.
You first need to add some basic information to your page to get started. This includes:
- Your Business Name: The name of your business (or the person managing the page) should be entered as the first item. It’s also important that this is spelled correctly and matches up with other places where it appears, such as any email addresses or website URLs used by your company.
- Profile Photo: The profile photo for a Facebook Page is similar to a profile picture for an individual user account; however, it should be 150×150 pixels in size and can contain up to 20% text.
Setting up a Facebook Page
Facebook is a great way to connect with your customers and potential customers, so it should be one of the first places to create an account when starting on social media. You can use Facebook Pages to promote products and services, run marketing campaigns, collect customer data, and engage with existing customers.
In the end, we hope you’ve found this guide useful and that you’re ready to create an amazing Facebook Page for your business. With our tips and tricks, there’s no reason why your page should look anything less than stunning.